5 Tips to Prepare for Your Photoshoot
If you’ve never had a photoshoot before (or it’s been awhile!) then there are a few things you might be prepared for! Here are 5 tips that I’ve learned over my 8 years of shooting photography that I hope help to prepare you for your photoshoot so that you can enjoy it and be stress free.
- Show up early. Being prepared to show up early is a good strategy for if there is traffic or some unforeseeable event that makes it hard to get there on time! Your photographer has a very specific time of the day planned out because the angle and harshness of the sun affects the overall appearance of your photos. So trust that your photographer has a planned idea of the necessary time for your pictures and make sure you're there on time, or early if you want extra brownie points. ;)
- Take your hair tie off your wrist. I’ve done this a million times! Not a big deal ultimately, but at the time it can make you feel embarrassed, and then you'll feel awkward, and then it'll show in your pictures! Save yourself the worry, and take off the hair ties!
- Don’t forget water and a snack! Okay, this one is especially important in the summer when it’s easy to get dehydrated, or if you’re a vegan like me and you need to eat something every two hours. :D
- Have extra clothes. Not a hard and fast rule, but if there is some sort of emergency like something drips on you, you get dirt on your pants or dress, etc. it’s good to have extra change of clothes just in case.
- Bring walking shoes. For shoots that are outside it’s a good idea to bring a pair of flip flops or easy shoes that are different from your nice heels or sandals to change into when you move locations. Generally the shoes you want to be photographed in are beautiful, but not great for walking around in squishy grass!
Whether you’re having your first photoshoot soon, or you’re getting your portraits updated, I hope that you find these tips helpful and useful. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions!